The OPEN SPACE IN ORGANIZATIONS Workshop
Online (see dates) or inhouse
Businesses of all kinds are coming to realize that self-management is what actually scales, and Open Space Technology is what actually delivers. Self-managed teams are essential in any organization that wants to become an Agile enterprise. Self-management across the enterprise leads to higher performance, much higher levels of employee engagement, and much more innovation.
Dates and Times
Online Courses in Collaboration with Daniel Mezick and the Open Leadership Network:
Starting: January 28 * * * February 24 * * *March 16 * * * April 6
Registration & Find all the details here
Self-managed teams are essential in any organization that wants to become an Agile enterprise. And so the key question becomes:
How can you, as a leader, encourage and manifest more of the following?
- Improved results and revenues ?
- Lower expenses and costs ?
- More employee engagement ?
- More innovation ? And…
- Much more business Agility ?
Open Space Technology is part of the answer to these questions. Much more than a meeting format, the use of Open Space Technology combined with clear leadership intention … has the power to transform your entire organization.
With Open Space, you will experience:
- A big increase in levels of employee engagement
- Real self-management that can actually scale across your entire enterprise
- Much more innovation — by creating the fertile conditions necessary for innovation to appear
Open Space Technology is an essential aspect of any “Agile at Scale” program because it engages everyone in the process of changing.
This course in Open Space Technology gets you started with arranging and delivering Open Space events in organizations.
This course teaches the concepts and facilities of the Open Space meeting format to an intermediate level of depth. You will learn how to arrange and execute Open Space events inside organizations. You’ll learn the deeper reality of Open Space. You’ll learn how to deliver Open Space in face-to-face and online, using live real-time video to create a rich interactive experience. Finally, as an executive or a practitioner, you will learn about how to leverage the Open Space meeting format– to increase the overall performance of your organization in a rapid, genuine and lasting way. You exit this class ready to plan and deliver Open Space events in large rooms. You also learn how to deliver distributed Open Space events, **online** using Zoom video.
Who Should Attend
- Any leader in any organization that is struggling with complex and constant change
- Leaders who are seeking great instruction in all of the Open Space fundamentals
- Executives, directors, and managers who are seeking more employee engagement and innovation and are new to the Open Space process
- Coaches and consultants who serve organizations seeking genuine improvement and more innovation
- Decision-makers who want to implement OpenSpace Agility (or any other change-innovation program) as rapidly & effectively as possible
What You Receive
- THE TOOLBOX: A complete kit and toolbox of PDF resources for Open Space including checklists for setting up the space, preparing leaders, and more;
- EXPERT INSTRUCTION: The full course of expert instruction on how to plan, arrange and deliver Open Space events in your organization;
- SUPPORT: Thirty days of support by email from the instructors, who will answer every question you have, *after* the class;
- OLN MEMBERSHIP: One full year of Membership in the Open Leadership Network (if you are already a Member, one year is added to your Membership.) Membership benefits include a fifteen (15) percent discount on all scheduled classes. Membership also includes access to the Member discount on attending The Open Leadership Symposium, our flagship conference event.
This 8 hour course provides you with everything you need to get started with designing, planning and delivering Open Space events of up to 500 people.
Every student earns a certificate of completion in Open Space (OLN-OST1 certification) from The Open Leadership Network.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Marai has arranged, participated in, or facilitated hundreds of Open Space Technology events since 2003. Her professional experience with Open Space Technology spans several countries and cultures, including the USA, Sweden, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada. Her online Open Space events have held space for participants from over 25 countries since 2015. Learn more about Marai
Coaching executives and teams since 2006, DANIEL MEZICK has arranged and delivered dozens of Open Space events in organizations. Some of these were as large as 500 attending. Heis a ScrumAtScale Trainer, an expert on business agility, and an author of three books on organizational change. A frequent keynote speaker at industry conferences, Daniel’s list of clients include Capital One, INTUIT, Adobe, CIGNA, Pitney Bowes, SIEMENS Healthcare, Harvard, and dozens of smaller enterprises.
His books include
The Culture Game: Tools for the Agile Manager (2012)
The OpenSpace Agility Handbook (with co-authors, 2015)
Inviting Leadership: Invitation-Based Change in the new World of Work (2018)
Registration & Find all the details here
For More Details on This Course
Learn more about the certification here
Inspect the full course outline here
Learn about THE OPEN LEADERSHIP NETWORK here